Adopt A Book – History and Geography (Digital Gift)
The books in Harewood’s libraries include both rare and highly personal volumes which reflect the varied interests of the Lascelles family over the last 250 years, including history and geography, documenting a wealth of information from ancient times to today. Our shelves filled with up-to-date periodicals and magazines chronicling newsworthy events of their day, with a particular focus upon the Yorkshire region.
Titles for adoption within this collection include:
- Great Yorkshiremen, Godfrey Heseltine, 1832
- The Second World War, Winston Churchill, 1948
- The Dialect of Leeds and its Neighbourhood, John Russell Smith, 1862
- A Tour from Alston-Moor to Harrowgate, and Brimham Crags, Thomas Pennant, 1804
A book adoption is the perfect gift for anyone who loves books and libraries, or is a great way to make a valuable contribution to their conservation yourself.
Your adoption includes a downloadable:
- Certificate of Adoption
- Welcome Letter from our Director of Collections
- A digital image which can be used as printed poster, desktop or even zoom background!
- Updates from our Collections Care Team
- Adoptee’s name recorded in designated Donation Register, to be kept in the Harewood Library
As an Accredited Museum in the heart of Yorkshire, our mission is to use our collections to support our communities, enrich lives, keep heritage relevant and work with creative minds to provoke new perspectives on art, nature and culture.
By Adopting a Book today, you are directly supporting the ongoing conservation of the objects the charity cares for within the collections at Harewood. The money from this adoption goes directly back into our conservation work – ensuring our collections can continue to be shared and enjoyed by everyone.
Please note that this is a digital gift. Your certificate and letter will be emailed to you after purchase.