Adopt A Book – Classic Literature (Digital Gift)
The books in Harewood’s libraries include both rare and highly personal volumes which reflect the varied interests of the Lascelles family over the last 250 years, including classic literature. Like all good libraries, Harewood’s collection contains a wealth of stories; our libraries' shelves are filled with novels, poetry and plays by well-known authors from Britain and abroad.
Titles for adoption within this collection include:
- Through the Looking Glass, Lewis Carroll, 1872
- Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë, 1910
- The Jungle Book, Rudyard Kipling, 1917
- Vanity Fair, William Makepeace Thackeray, 1869
- The Iliad of Homer, translated by Alexander Pope, 1760
A book adoption is the perfect gift for anyone who loves books and libraries, or is a great way to make a valuable contribution to their conservation yourself.
Your adoption includes a downloadable:
- Certificate of Adoption
- Welcome Letter from our Director of Collections
- A digital image which can be used as printed poster, desktop or even zoom background!
- Updates from our Collections Care Team
- Adoptee’s name recorded in designated Donation Register, to be kept in the Harewood Library
As an Accredited Museum in the heart of Yorkshire, our mission is to use our collections to support our communities, enrich lives, keep heritage relevant and work with creative minds to provoke new perspectives on art, nature and culture.
By Adopting a Book today, you are directly supporting the ongoing conservation of the objects the charity cares for within the collections at Harewood. The money from this adoption goes directly back into our conservation work – ensuring our collections can continue to be shared and enjoyed by everyone.
Please note that this is a digital gift. Your certificate and letter will be emailed to you after purchase.