Adopt A Book – Art and Design (Digital Gift)
The books in Harewood’s libraries include both rare and highly personal volumes which reflect the varied interests of the Lascelles family over the last 250 years, including art and design. Harewood House was created by some of the leading artists and craftspeople of the 18th century. Over the years the Lascelles family have continued to commission and collect art, and today Harewood is home to works by some of Britain’s most celebrated artists and designers, such as JMW Turner, Sir Joshua Reynolds and Thomas Chippendale.
Titles for adoption within this collection include:
- Lives of the Most Excellent Painters, Sculptors and Architects, Giorgio Vasari, 1568
- The Gentleman and Cabinet-Maker’s Director, Thomas Chippendale, 1755
- A History of Pottery and Porcelain, Joseph Marryat, 1850
- History of the Works of Sir Joshua Reynolds, Algernon Graves and William Vine Cronin, 1899
- Reflections on the Painting and Sculpture of the Greeks, Johann Joachim Winckelmann, 1765
A book adoption is the perfect gift for anyone who loves books and libraries, or is a great way to make a valuable contribution to their conservation yourself.
Your adoption includes a downloadable:
- Certificate of Adoption
- Welcome Letter from our Director of Collections
- Digital image of the collection which can be used as printed poster, desktop or even zoom background!
- Updates from our Collections Care Team
- Adoptee’s name recorded in designated Donation Register, to be kept in the Harewood Library
As an Accredited Museum in the heart of Yorkshire, our mission is to use our collections to support our communities, enrich lives, keep heritage relevant and work with creative minds to provoke new perspectives on art, nature and culture.
By Adopting a Book today, you are directly supporting the ongoing conservation of the objects the charity cares for within the collections at Harewood. The money from this adoption goes directly back into our conservation work – ensuring our collections can continue to be shared and enjoyed by everyone.
Please note that this is a digital gift. Your certificate and letter will be emailed to you after purchase.